I suspect there is no way to quantify everything you will get out of our time together. In my experience, there is immense power in taking a busy person like you on a retreat from your regular life and engaging in thoughtful reflection about why you do what you do, and how you intend to impact the world. Besides which, we will be spending four nights in a spectacular natural setting, with fresh local food and drink, clean mountain air, and excellent company.
However, there will be a number of concrete takeaways:
- We will clarify your specific audience.
- We will talk “platform”—the springboard and network that makes you the best person to be writing this book—and how to further bolster it.
- We will put ourselves—and make ourselves at home—in your audience’s shoes, to find the best angle and entry to your book.
- We will refine—or create—your central argument.
- We will create a framework and a working Table of Contents.
- We will review voice, tone, diction, style.
- We will talk about effective storytelling, and what it means in the context of a nonfiction book.
- We will draft and test potential titles.
- We will cover all the elements in a successful book proposal to sell your book to agents and editors.
- We will make a workplan customized for your situation: your strengths, challenges, and the rest of your fully blossoming life.